Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so — for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect this information from three sources: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide to us directly or indirectly. For example via:
- Facebook or Google: You can log in to our site using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or Google OAuth. When you create or log in to your disposablewebpage.com account through service like Google or Facebook, we’ll receive information from that service (e.g., your name, basic profile information) via the authorization procedures for that service. The information we receive depends on which services you use or authorize and what options are available.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, including the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services — for example, when you create or make changes to your website on disposablewebpage.com.
- Usage information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that users perform on a site using our disposablewebpage.com — in other words, who did what and when (e.g., [user id] deleted “[webpage]” at [time/date]). We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services. We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, get insights on how people use our Services so we can make our Services better, and understand and make predictions about user retention.
- Location information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
How and Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services. For example, to set up and maintain your account, host your website, backup and restore your website, provide customer service, and verify user information.
- To ensure quality, maintain safety, and improve our Services. For example, by providing automatic upgrades and new versions of our Services. Or, for example, by monitoring and analyzing how users interact with our Services so we can create new features that we think our users will enjoy and that will help them create and manage websites more efficiently or make our Services easier to use.
- To place and manage ads in our advertising program. For example, to place ads on our own sites as part of our advertising program, and understand ad performance.
- To market our Services and measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our marketing. For example, by targeting our marketing messages to groups of our users, advertising our Services, analyzing the results of our marketing campaigns, and understanding and forecasting user retention.
- To protect our Services, our users, and the public. For example, by detecting security incidents; detecting and protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; fighting spam; complying with our legal obligations; and protecting the rights and property of disposablewebpage.com and others, which may result in us, for example, terminating Services.
- To fix problems with our Services. For example, by monitoring, debugging, repairing, and preventing issues.
- To customize the user experience. For example, to personalize your experience by serving you relevant notifications and advertisements for our Services, recommending content through our post suggestions.
- To communicate with you. For example, by emailing you to ask for your feedback, share tips for getting the most out of our products, or keep you up to date on disposablewebpage.com; If you don’t want to hear from us, you can opt out of marketing communications at any time. (If you opt out, we’ll still send you important updates relating to your account.)
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
“Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
“Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
How We Share Information
We share information about you in limited circumstances, and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy. These are spelled out below, as well as in the section called Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others:
- Legal and regulatory requirements: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To protect rights, property, and others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of our users, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With your consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties when you authorize us to do so, like when you connected your site to a social media service.
- Aggregated or de-identified information: We may share information that has been aggregated or de-identified, so that it can no longer reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services, or share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
- Published support requests: If you send us a request for assistance (for example, via a support email or one of our other feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to clarify or respond to your request, or to help us support other users.
We have a long-standing policy that we do not sell our users’ data. We aren’t a data broker, we don’t sell your personal information to data brokers, and we don’t sell your information to other companies that want to spam you with marketing emails.
We show ads on disposablewebpage.com, and the revenue they generate lets us offer free access to our Services so that money doesn’t become an obstacle to having a voice.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is disclosed publicly.
That means information like content you publish on your disposable webpages that you make public on this website are all available to others — and we hope they get a lot of views!
Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share publicly.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Set your browser to reject cookies: At this time, disposablewebpage.com does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using disposablewebpage.com, with the drawback that certain features of disposablewebpage.com may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Close your account: While we’d be very sad to see you go, you can close your account if you no longer want to use our Services. You may request deletion of your account by contacting us at [email protected] and we will disassociate your email address and Facebook or Google account from any content or other information provided to us. Your account will be shutdown on our site. After a few weeks, your account data will be entirely purged from our servers and the process cannot be reversed. Therefore, please be certain you want to cancel your account before contacting us.
- Restore your closed account: It is possible to reverse an account closure for the first 30 days after an account is closed. If you realize you closed your account in error, please contact us immediately. We will be able to assist you in reopening your account during this 30 day window. Once the 30 days have passed, all of your sites and account data are purged and cannot be restored. Please note that during this 30 day window your account data persists, which means that you cannot use your account email address to sign up for a new disposablewebpage.com account. Once the 30 days are up and your account is purged, your email will be freed to use with a new account.
If you are located in certain parts of the world, including California and countries that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (aka the “GDPR”), you may have certain rights regarding your personal information, like the right to request access to or deletion of your data.
European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are located in a country that falls under the scope of the GDPR, data protection laws give you certain rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 13 (or 16 in Europe).
Other Things You Should Know
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at [email protected]